Thursday, November 10, 2011

Easy Mexican Chicken Soup

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I have just been too busy to cook much. Here is a fast recipe that I tried last night that tastes great. I cooked my chicken in the crock pot all day and then when I got home I pulled it apart and put it in the soup. If you are in a hurry you could also use a rotisserie chicken.

Easy Mexican Chicken Soup
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
8 oz. cream cheese, chopped into chunks
1 can of rotel
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
1 can of chicken broth
1 pkg of dry ranch dressing
1 t. cumin
1 t. chili powder
salt and pepper
Mix everything in a large sauce pan. Stir as the cream cheese melts. Let simmer for 20 minutes and then serve (we had it with corn bread).

No comments:

Post a Comment