Monday, August 1, 2011

World Peace Cookies

Sorry about my long absence. Part of my excuse is that I have been out of town, but also, the last thing I made, a peanut butter pie, was so bad I had to throw it in the trash.

BUT- I have redeemed myself with these cookies. They are so good. I think they should be eaten with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. This recipe is based off of one from Dorie Greenspan. I've heard she's been doing pop-up cookie stores in NYC with her son and selling these plus a few others. (If I was there, I would try the coconut lime sables). If I lived in NYC, there would be no reason to bake and I would weight 400 pounds. These cookies got their name because, according to Dorie's neighbor, a daily dose of these cookies would ensure world peace.

World Peace Cookies (as adapted by Jamie)
1 stick of butter, + 3 T. of butter
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 1/4 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 a bag of chocolate chips or mini chips
Beat the butter and sugars for at least 3 minutes until really fluffy. Stop the mixer. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix just until it forms a dough, and no longer. Split the dough in two. Roll each blob into a log. Wrap in saran wrap or in a ziploc. Refrigerate overnight or put in the freezer for two hours. Slice off half inch thick cookies. Bake for 12 minutes at 325. Be careful not to over bake. (It is hard to tell with chocolate cookies because you can't see the browning. Err on the side of under baking these guys.) Cool slightly and then enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm.. I bey your house smells good.

    ReplyDelete