In response to a call for dip recipes from Boo Mama, I am posting a list of all my favorite dips from this site. I know with football season starting, people will be looking for new ideas. If you want to see all the recipes (and there are many that look really good) check out Boo Mama's blog.
You can tell from the pictures, I use a lot of crock pot liners. They are one of the best inventions ever! These dips are in no particular order. I love all of them, but the Nutty Dip (#7) is probably my favorite.
1. Jalepeno Popper Dip- This is not the prettiest dip, but it is GOOD. You will not be disappointed if you make this.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
4 oz. can of green chilies
4 oz. can of jalapenos (or the equivalent- I had a jar of jalapenos and just filled up my empty can of green chilies to see if I had enough)
2- 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese
1 c. mayo
1 c. shredded cheddar
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 t. pepper
Mix it all together in a medium sized crock pot and serve with Frito's when warm and melty.
2. Feta Artichoke Dip- This one doesn't have a picture, but it is really good. Totally different vibe than the popper dip above, but just as good.
Feta Artichoke Dip
1 can chopped and drained artichoke hearts
5 oz. feta cheese
1/2 c. mayo
1/2 c. grated Parmesan
1 small jar chopped pimentos, drained
1/2 T. minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
Mix all and cook in a crock pot until melted.
3. Taco Dip- this is a really good yellow type queso if you don't like velveeta. Plus it's easy.
1/2 pound sausage, browned
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. shredded cheddar
1/2 c. enchilada sauce
1/2 c. salsa
Mix everything together and cook in a little crock pot.
4. Cafe Del Rio Cheese Dip- This is an awesome Mexican restaurant white queso dip. Beware, it's really expensive to make. It's really, really good though.
Cafe Del Rio Cheese Dip
2 1/2 pounds of white American cheese, cubed
1/2 c. jalepenos
a small carton of 1/2 and 1/2
a small carton of heavy whipping cream
a small box of frozen spinach
Thaw the spinach and drain it really well. Mix everything else in a crock pot until melted and combined. Serve with tortilla chips.
5. Pizza Dip- This dip rocks. You should make it. I could make a meal out of it. Everyone likes this dip.
2 cups of shredded, seriously sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups of shredded mozzarella or pizza cheese mixture (the more types, the better)
¼ to ½ cup of half and half (to help with consistency)
1 cup of regular, good quality mayonnaise
1 cup of sliced regular or turkey pepperoni, chopped roughly
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
bunch of green onions
small can of chopped black olives
½ a green pepper
In a food processor, chop up all the veggies. Mix everything together in a small crock-pot and cook until melted. Serve with toasted garlic bread.
6. Chili Cheese Dip- This is your basic chili cheese dip. It's great. I like it with Fritos.
Chili Cheese Dip
1 brick of chili from the grocery store meat counter (Maybe a pound?)
1/2 pound of white American cheese from the deli
8 oz brick of cream cheese
Mix in a crock pot until melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
7. Nutty Dip-This should probably be number 1. I love this dip.
Nutty Dip (This is truly awesome dip!)
2 c. pecan pieces
2 c. finely shredded cheddar
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 jar of jalepeno jelly
Mix all. Serve with fritos.
8. Cranberry Swiss Dip- this is more of a frou frou dip that women tend to like more than men. It's really good. I like it best with those almond nut thin, gluten free crackers.
Cranberry Swiss Dip
8 oz cream cheese
1 c. shredded swiss cheese
2/3 c. dried cranberries
1 t. orange zest
1/2 c. chopped pecans
Mix it all together and put in a little crock pot. Served with crackers.
9. Black Bean Dip- this is very good, it feels healthy while you are eating it.