Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chocolate Chunked Cookies

This recipe is based off of Dorie Greenspan's in "Baking:  From My Home to Yours." It makes a crispy cookie. The flavor of these cookies are awesome. Soooo good. I already have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I love, but I think these taste better. I like the consistency of the other cookies better though. These are crispy all over, the others are crispy on the outside with a soft center. I chopped up 12 ounces of chocolate bars, but you could also use a bag of chocolate chips. I think the chunked up chocolate is worth it. It makes for a little bit of chocolate in every bite. Yum!

Chocolate Chunk Cookies
2 sticks butter, softened
1 c. white sugar
2/3 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
3/4 t. baking soda
12 ounces of chocolate, chopped up
1 c. of chopped walnuts (I mixed my dough without nuts and then after I had baked half of the cookies, I mixed in 1/2 c. of nuts and baked the rest)

Beat the butter until it is fluffy. Add in the sugars and beat for a good 2 minutes until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy again. In a separate bowl (I use a large measuring cup) mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Then gradually add to the wet mixture, beating in between. Finally add in the chocolate and nuts. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (depending on your oven). Take them out when they are brown around the sides, but the center doesn't quite look done yet. Let them rest on the pan for a minute, then transfer to a cooling rack. (I use parchment paper on my cookie pans which makes it super easy to make cookies, and after they've set for a minute, I just pick up the sides of the paper with the cookies on them and move them to the counter to finish cooling. I also use a cookie scoop, so all my cookies are the same size and it takes no time to scoop them out.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment