Friday, July 22, 2011

Creamy Coleslaw and Brisket

I also made, but forgot to take pictures of Pioneer Woman's Crash Hot Potatoes. They were good if you are thinking about making them. I used fingerling potatoes from the farmers market. Yum.


Okay, first the coleslaw. I was a little worried when I tasted it right after I mixed it because it had a strong miracle whip flavor. But after it sat all night the miracle whip taste went away and it was really good. It is easy to make too.

Creamy Coleslaw
1 bag of preshredded cabbage/coleslaw mix (you could shred your own if you want)
2/3 c. miracle whip
3 T. oil
1/2 c. sugar
1 T. vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
Whisk the dressing together and add the slaw. Let set overnight or for several hours.
----------------------------

Next, the brisket. This is a different recipe than I have used before. The last time I made brisket I used Pioneer Woman's Passover Brisket recipe. It's really good but this recipe is good too. (It's based off another PW recipe).  I don't know which one is better- try both!

Brisket
one large brisket
2 cans of beef broth
1 T. chopped garlic
1 bottle of soy sauce
2 T. liquid smoke
1 plastic lemon full of lemon juice
In a roasting pan or a really deep 9 x 13 pan, mix all the juices. Add the brisket, dipping it so that it is covered in juice. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning it over as you remember it so that it all gets marinaded. Bake for 8 hours at 275 degrees. It is not done until you can stick a fork in it and pull it apart without a knife. Halfway through the day turn the brisket over so that both sides can get the juice. When it is done cooking, slice off all the fat and then either shred it with a fork (the easy way) or slice it against the grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment