Monday, June 20, 2011

Caramel Pecan Bars

Sorry for the photo quality- I had to take it with my phone because I brought these to work. If you are tired of chocolate (I don't know if that is possible) then these are for you. They are perfect with a cup of coffee.

Caramel Pecan Bars
1/2 of 32 oz. bag of brown sugar (sorry I don't know how many cups that is)
2 T. crisco
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
3 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
bag of Kraft caramel bits
1 c. chopped pecans
Beat the brown sugar and the crisco until fully combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Stop the mixer. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until just combined. Then stir in the caramel bits and pecans. Spread into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan. Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Let cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment