Monday, February 21, 2011

Cavatini

This recipe is really good. It is one of those that everyone in our house likes. (Which is rare!) We first had this when my sister-in-law made it, and I had to re-create the recipe because it was that good. You can adapt this recipe to suit your family's taste. For example, you could add in green pepper or chopped onions. You can adjust the amount of sausage v. hamburger or you can change the cheese to Romano. Enjoy!



Cavatini
4 c. of medium sized pasta (like large shells, radiatori, bow ties, spiral, etc.)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (or homemade equivalent)
1 T. of minced garlic
1/2 lb. Italian sausage (I cut open the links and fry it that way)
1/2 lb. hamburger
1 package pepperonis chopped
1 can of mushrooms (drained)
3 c. mixed Italian cheeses

Cook the pasta and drain. Brown the meat and drain. Spray a 9 x 13 dish with Pam. After I drain the pasta, I put it back in the pot I cooked it in. Then I add in everything but the cheese and mix well. Then add in half of the cheese and mix. Pour into the 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment