Monday, January 3, 2011

Awesome Dips and Crack Corn

So after a nice long vacation, I am back. I did make several things for the holidays, but I was so busy I couldn't take the time to report on my cooking. I wasn't too thrilled with the baking anyway. I did try a couple of good non-baking recipes, but did not take pictures. Here they are:

Pizza Dip
2 cups of shredded, seriously sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups of shredded mozzarella or pizza cheese mixture (the more types, the better)
¼ to ½ cup of half and half (to help with consistency)
1 cup of regular, good quality mayonnaise
1 cup of sliced regular or turkey pepperoni, chopped roughly
1 cup of  chopped mushrooms
bunch of green onions
small can of chopped black olives
½ a green pepper
In a food processor, chop up all the veggies. Mix everything together in a small crock-pot and cook until melted. Serve with toasted garlic bread.

Chili Cheese Dip
1 brick of chili from the grocery store meat counter (Maybe a pound?)
1/2 pound of white American cheese from the deli
8 oz brick of cream cheese
Mix in a crock pot until melted. Serve with tortilla chips.

Nutty Dip (This is truly awesome dip!)
 2 c. pecan pieces
2 c. finely shredded cheddar
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 jar of jalepeno jelly
Mix all. Serve with fritos.


This weekend I made  one of my favorite treats. It is so addictive, I call it crack. (I apologize if I am offending anyone who has actually been addicted to crack.)


Crack Corn
 Ingredients:
1 bag Chester's butter flavor puff corn
2 sticks butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
 Directions:
Place puff corn in a large roaster pan. In a large sauce pan bring the butter, sugar & corn syrup to bring to boil, then cook for 2 minutes. Stir well and remove from heat. Pour over puff corn in roaster and bake in 250* oven for 60 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven, spread out onto wax paper to cool.

1 comment:

  1. I love all these dip recipes! Can't wait to try them all :)
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete