Sunday, November 14, 2010

Recap of My Weekend Kitchen Activities

Sorry I only took a picture of one item I made this weekend...
Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares. They are delicious. And they happen to be gluten free. Here is the recipe:
1/2 c. Butter (I always use real butter)
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1 t. Vanilla (I always use real vanilla, not imitation)
1 Small Jar of Creamy Peanut Butter
2 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
2 c. Milk Chocolate Chips
1 T. Crisco

Melt the butter. Whisk in brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Then add in the powdered sugar until it is smooth. Press into a 9 x 13 pan lined with parchment paper. Melt the chips and Crisco. Pour over the top of the peanut butter mix. Let cool until set. Cut into small (1 inch) pieces. Very rich. This makes quite a bit and would be a good candy to have for the holidays.

I also made some Oatmeal Raspberry Bars, but I will not be posting the recipe because I was not satisfied with them. They are just okay. Not fabulous.

I know I have stuck to baking items so far, but I am going to branch out today and post the other two items I made this weekend.

The first one, Chicken Tortilla Soup, is a recipe I got from work. I love it. Every time we take it anywhere everyone else loves it too.
Meat from 1 Rotisserie Chicken
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Soup Cans Full of 1/2 and 1/2 (just use the empty cream of chicken can)
1 Soup Can Full of Milk
4 c. Chicken Broth
1 Can Rotel
8 oz. Velveeta
1 Package Taco Seasoning
1/4 c. dried minced onion
Mix everything together in your crock pot. As soon as it is warm and the cheese melts it's ready to go. If you are going to let it cook longer be careful because the cheese will get all gloppy and curdled looking if it cooks too long or too hot. Serve with crumbled up tortilla chips and shredded cheddar.

Next is my recipe for Chili as adapted from a Martha recipe. We love this chili.
2 lbs. Hamburger
1/2 c. Dried Minced Onion
1 1/2 T. Minced Garlic (from a jar)
2 T. Paprika
1 1/2 t. Cumin
1 1/2 t. Oregano
1/2 t. Cayenne Pepper
1 T. Chili Powder
1 1/2 t. Salt
1/2 t. pepper
2 T. cornmeal
1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Bush's Chili Beans
Mix it all together in your crock pot and cook all day on low.  

No comments:

Post a Comment