Sunday, November 28, 2010

Baking Update

For Thanksgiving I tried Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet cake:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_chocol/

I have to say, my recipe is better than hers. Although I've been making her recipes for months now, that is the first time I've said that. Here is my chocolate sheet cake recipe:

Chocolate Sheet Cake
CAKE
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. oil
1 c. water
1/4 c. cocoa
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
FROSTING
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. cocoa
1/4 c. milk plus 2 T milk
1 t. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar
Grease and flour a sheet cake pan. Set oven to 400. Mix dry ingrediants. In a large bowl mix all the wet ingrediants. Gradually add the dry to the wet. Bake for 20 minutes.
For the frosting, in a small saucepan melt the butter. Add in cocoa, milk and vanilla. Boil. Remove from heat and add in the powdered sugar. Pour over cake. I usually add chopped pecans on half of the cake.

Also this weekend, I made a yellow cake with yummy pioneer woman frosting. The cake is an easy doctored mix recipe. It is:
Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting
CAKE
yellow cake mix
instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 c. oil
8 oz. sour cream
Mix all together and bake according to directions for your pan size.
FROSTING
3/4 c. sweetened condensed milk
6 oz. milk chocolate chips
2 T. butter
Add to a saucepan and cook until melted. Stir together. Pour over hot cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment